Thursday, November 19, 2009

Nikko Tour - Autumn getaway 2009

I am really thankful to God coz I get a lot of invites from my Japanese colleagues to travel in some fun parts of Japan for free. Like the previous weeks when we had a good Filipino taste BBQ in the lake near Mt. Fuji. I often like outdoor sightseeing than the usual boring whole day trapped at my crib troubleshooting my computer or endless Manny Pacquaio videos. I mean those times are also fun but when I get to go places like Nikko I feel releived from stress and good feelings of embracing nature. The nature has great effects on me, it revitalizes my energy and it even becomes my immediate solution to some of my concerns. It's more than liquor or even drugs that help me forget my concerns in life.

Life in Tokyo in particular can sometimes be very boring especially for a Filogirl like me who likes the adventures of mountains from my hometown, Boljo-on, Cebu.

I think one of my best places to go in Japan is Nikko. I've been here twice, during summer of 2008 and this recent autumn 2009. I can compare Nikko, Tochige-Ken as Bohol or Camiguin coz you get to visit not only a spot but with lots of beautiful places and experiences. Well here are my experiences in my autumn getaway.

1.) Toshogu Shrine
They said this is where the higest shogun in Japan lies. It is on the top of the mountain coz they said it’s the way their culture are. Their superior is placed on the topmost part of the mountain. Here you can also see the 3 monkeys that portrays “See no evil, talk no evil, hear no evil” actions, which could be like a reminder for us. The picture is the entrance of Toshogu Shrine with my friend Fe.
2.) Shinkyo Bridge
Actually I do not understand why this place is a tourist spot. It’s just an orange short bridge that you can see when you are passing in the streets. They said it’s an old bridge used before by people before accessing the Toshogu Shrine.

3.) Lake Chuzenji
This is the best spot right after Kegon Falls! It’s very placid and you can enjoy more with the sunshine facing the lake that is caught in between two mountains. You can ride the ducks so you can touch the waters of this lake. Great experience for us, we rented duck for 500 per person on a 30 minute ride.

4.) Kegon Waterfall
A 100 meters high water falls right after a 48 cups of winding roads! I love this place so much! It has it’s unique appearances for all seasons. I’m so glad I’ve seen 2 seasons, summer and winter!

Trully my experiences in Nikko is very rewarding despite of the winding roads going up and down; it's all worth it.






No comments:

Post a Comment