Thursday, September 17, 2009

Finding true friends in Tokyo

This blog is tribute to my good Filipino, Thai, Japanese and American friends whom I met in Tokyo but now moved to another countries or move back to their home countries

When I arrived in Tokyo my family was so happy to fetch me in Narita Airport well I am the only one living in the Philippines with some relatives while my family (Japanese mixed) are living in Japan almost all of their lives. I know I would miss my home country that I had lived and loved for 22 years till I decided to finally reunite with my family in Japan.

From the moment I got out from Narita and went to Ibaraki, I knew it would be cold planet for me and a silent boring life different from Cebu, Philippines. Indeed it was but when I started working as an Engineer in Tokyo where I saw the different side of Japan my view changed dramatically.
Tokyo is very convenient to live; the trains are very accessible, the groceries, the church, amusement places are everywhere. But believe it or not, it’s not on the place but how you enjoy the place with someone. Human as we are, we cannot be an island. It would be tragic and depressive if you are all alone in a beautiful country like Japan. So I decided to meet new friends and I met good ones in the same multi-cultural engineering company that I am working for.

I have heard bad stories about Filipinos in Japan especially those who are working in clubs but actually it’s up to you to choose your friends and you have the right to choose people whom you can trust. I just happened to have found the good ones. My advice to all is you can find good friends at any Christian organizations in your churches and you can’t find good friends from disco’s because those people are hesitant to trust you too.

The Filipino friends that I met are Christians and gather every Friday for novena and goes to church on Sundays. We also have good, decent fun on occasions and wacky ones at the bars. They know how to balance work and play using decent fun and they can be trusted different from the bad stories I heard.

The Thai Friends I met where really nice and very accomodating to teach me their culture and some of their words "sawadee"!

The American friends I met were mature ones, well it would be fun to be with same age but I am hesitant because those young ones spend too much money on socializing. I just think. Those Americans friends we had balances our nature, they are very good life advicers and I learned a lot from them and pretty much they also learned a lot from our culture.

To all of the friends that I met in Tokyo, hope to see you again one day, Mabuhay kayong lahat. Chun Kin Tun Kun and I miss you all!!
Mata ne!




No comments:

Post a Comment